In the next series for the Crescent, we will be introducing and celebrating our SCFLTA leaders. Before we get to that, I want to ask you your thoughts!
What makes a good leader?
How do you (or someone you know) "Lead With Languages"?
Who are the leaders that inspire you? (Let's recognize those people!)
While it is impossible to list all the qualities of a great leader, SCFLTA has encountered countless leaders who:
1. Go above and beyond to spark interest in world language learners inside and outside of the classroom.
2. Recognize leadership potential in others by encouraging them to share their expertise.
3. Present best practices and share resources with others.
4. Recognize those strong colleagues and put them up for awards and recognition.
5. Advocate at district, state and national levels. See how to advocate here
6. Inspire future educators through mentorship and guidance.
One way ACTFL challenges individuals to Lead with Languages is by funding college scholarships for up to $6,000 for future world language educators. Click here to see the Lead with Languages Scholarship
Whether it is presenting at the 2020 SCFTLA conference, writing letters to your legislature, mentoring fellow language teachers or inspiring world language learners, SCFLTA challenges you to Lead with Languages. And, when someone has been an awesome leader, recognize them so that we can give them a shout out!
What do you want to see in your SCFLTA Leadership?
Who are the leaders that inspire you? (Let's recognize those people in the comments!)